Become a Member of FILMBOX and share with us a love of watching films on the big screen with a great audience, as the film-makers intended. Currently a Member and a guest pay only £5 each per film! Members can also book tickets for additional guests at a reduced price – PLUS you can enjoy FREE FILMS and Members Only socials.
Our new FILMBOX Community Cinema 7-month (January-July 2020) ‘taster’ membership offer is NOW SUSPENDED due to the Coronavirus crisis – we hope to offer a new membership as soon as it is considered safe for us to operate again.
- Please visit this link to MemberMojo to purchase your 7-month membership: NB: not currently available until further notice
Price: £32 which entitles you to the following membership benefits:
- Up to 2 FREE tickets to one January or February film (worth £20).
- Save £5 each film – pay only £5 each for tickets to our main film programme (non-member tickets for over-18s are usually £10 each)*.
- Priority online booking.
- Regular email newsletter.
- Bar loyalty card (buy 5 drinks, get 6th drink FREE).
- Save £3 if you buy additional guest tickets for only £7 (instead of the full non-member price of £10 each).
- Attendance at our AGM in March, a FREE drink and nibbles, and a chance to have a say in developing your very own cinema.
- 2 FREE tickets to our Members Only Social (free film, free welcome drink and nibbles) in July 2020.
- A reduced price membership renewal offer in July 2020.
* Some occasional special events may be priced differently but members will always get a discount.
Please note the following information for our membership year 2020:
- Only one member of a household needs to be a member
- We will be holding our ticket prices for members and one guest at £5 each
- Members’ additional guest ticket prices will also be held at £7 each
- Non-members’ ticket prices will cost £10 each.
Keep an eye on our box office and see what films we have coming up here – this will be updated as licences become available: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/filmbox
- If you’d like to join the regular helper or Committee team, you need to be a member – please email us to register your interest
- Members who are helpers get to see films for FREE!
Our 6th AGM was planned for Wednesday 18 March 2020, to be followed by a screening of ‘BLINDED BY THE LIGHT’. Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus crisis, it was postponed to 1 April 2020, when it was held via Zoom. Our screenings from 18 March to 2 July 2020 were all cancelled.
Our 5th AGM was on 28 March 2019 and the film was ‘STAN & OLLIE’ and members attending the AGM enjoyed FREE drinks and nibbles. In March 2018, after our 4th AGM, the film was ‘MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS’. Our 3rd AGM was on 16 March 2017 followed by a screening of ‘HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE’. In 2016 our AGM was followed by a screening of ‘BROOKLYN’. In 2015, our 1st AGM was followed by a screening of ‘THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL’.
NB: Only the designated Member may vote at the AGM.
FILMBOX COMMUNITY CINEMA CONSTITUTION & MEMBERS’ DOCUMENTS
- FILMBOX Community Cinema Constitution: Ratified at AGMs 2015 & 2018: a copy is sent to all members on request to email@example.com
- FILMBOX accounts and accompanying documents: these are circulated to all members before the AGM.
- AGM Minutes: these are emailed to all members after AGM.
Films are always BETTER ON THE BIG SCREEN with a great audience like YOU!