Starting our eighth year in September 2019, see great films on your doorstep in Beckenham and Bromley – for less – enjoy a great value social cinema for grown-ups and a popcorn-free zone!
Our membership offer is OUT NOW!
Please visit this link to purchase your FILMBOX Community Cinema membership: https://membermojo.co.uk/filmbox
Please email us here with any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership prices for 1 September 2019-31 July 2020 are frozen at last year’s prices
New membership ‘Earlybird’ is £40 if purchased by 31/7/19 (membership package equates to a minimum of £40 worth of free film tickets)
AND if purchased by Sat 6 July, a new member can also get two free tickets to our Members Only social on 10 July – you will need to book tickets for this event separately via the box office
Membership purchase from 1/8/19 will be £45
- All memberships must be purchased online at the above MemberMojo link.
Membership entitles the member to:
- Two free tickets to our New Year social in January 2020
- Two free tickets to our July 2020 social
- Both socials include a free film, one free welcome drink per person and free food – additional members’ guest tickets will be available at £5 each
- Two free tickets to one film in September or October 2019
- Two free tickets to one film in January or February 2020
- A bar loyalty card – buy 5 get 6th drink free
- Attendance and voting rights at our AGM in March, with a free drink – help shape your very own cinema
- This equates to a minimum of £40 worth of free film tickets, plus you save money with your bar loyalty card and benefit from free drinks and nibbles at certain events.
Please note the following information for our year 2019/20:
- Only one member of a household needs to be a member
- We will be holding our ticket prices for members and one guest at £5 each
- Members’ additional guest ticket prices will also be held at £7 each
- Non-member ticket prices will rise to £10 each.
Don’t forget to book your tickets to our remaining films:
Bookings are a little slow for “The Old Man and the Gun” with Robert Redford (whom we enjoyed in “The Sting” at our New Year social) on 4 July – you’ll miss a gentle, reflective treat which I really enjoyed, plus a neat little short film from a group of LPSB students who benefited from a grant from FILMBOX for a Steadicam to make their first short, which we’ll show before the main feature film.
Please do check out this Empire magazine 4 STAR review for “The Old Man and the Gun”:
“Robert Redford’s swansong starts with a caption that tells us this story is “also, mostly true”. The “also” is important — an indication of a tone that is warm, witty and quietly celebratory without being self-indulgent. It’s a callback to almost half a century ago, when the opening text of Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid informed us “most of what follows is true”… a delightful folk story from one of the best filmmakers working today — and a fitting final turn from Redford, all easy charm and grace. It takes a lifetime of effort to look this effortless.”
See rest of review: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/old-man-gun/review/
BOX OFFICE: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/filmbox
With thanks and best wishes from the FILMBOX team