We are having a break this August, BUT there’s lots of exciting and alternative film experiences around you and we’re delighted to feature them here:
- Hever Festival Theatre, nr Edenbridge
- Save the David Lean Cinema, Croydon Clocktower
- South East London Film Clubs Listings
- Scalarama festival (1-30 Sept) all over the place!
- And if you’re on holiday in the UK, search this Cinema For All regional map for details of cinema clubs all over the UK – http://www.bffs.org.uk/communitycinema
HEVER FESTIVAL THEATRE – CINEMA
FOUR great films in a superb setting at Hever Castle (near Edenbridge, south of Westerham, only 45mins from Bromley), the Festival Theatre has raked seating and a huge screen under cover, plus full refreshments and pre-theatre suppers in the restaurant.
JAILHOUSE ROCK – 19 August
DIRTY DANCING – 20 August
RUSH – 21 August
WAR HORSE – 22 August
There are lots of other music and theatre events running there throughout August.
For full details visit here: http://www.heverfestivaltheatre.co.uk/cinema.php
Book tickets here: http://www.heverfestival-tickets.co.uk
Box Office: 01732 866114
SAVE THE DAVID LEAN CINEMA – CROYDON
The David Lean cinema will be showing these four films this month – THE WIND RISES, THE LOVE PUNCH, STOP THE POUNDING HEART and FRANK
SOUTH EAST LONDON FILM CLUBS LISTINGS
This is a comprehensive listings site maintained by the brilliant Angie Macdonald – huge thanks to her for her tireless support for independent cinemas from Beckenham to Woolwich.
SCALARAMA – festival of cinema 1-30 September (UK-wide)
CINEMA FOR ALL – http://www.bffs.org.uk/aboutus